Our Story, Highlights and History
Every church has a beginning...
- Zion Lutheran Church was established on June 10, 1849.
- Zion dedicated a new church in 1908. Attached is an article The Evening Leader of August 10, 1908.
- Attached is an cardboard advertisement of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church Services and Calendar of Meetings. Rev. Henry W. Disbro, Pastor, 1923--1932
- Attached are two articles from The Evening Leader in 1974, dedication of the Walcker Organ.
- Attached is an article from The Evening Leader in 1974, dedication of the 8 foot sculpture by Arnold F. Mahlknecht of Ortisei, Italy. The sculpture represents the ascending and returning Christ.
- Attached are two articles from The Evening Leader in 1974, dedication and explanation of the "drapery glass" windows made by Louis C. Tiffany.
- Attached are articles from The Evening Leader in 1974, unlocking the door and members of the building committee.
- September 11, 2011, Voted to separate as a congregation of the ELCA and become a congregation of the NALC.